Each year the Tekne Awards shine a spotlight on Minnesota’s technology industry. Drawing over 1,000 attendees, including our state’s most influential businesses, political leaders and individuals, the Tekne Awards honor advancement in technology areas including advanced manufacturing, information and life sciences.
2017 Award Process
August 4: Tekne Award Application Deadline
September: Finalists Announced at MHTA Fall Networking Event, hosted by Robins Kaplan
November 15: Tekne Awards Celebration
Tekne Judging Process
Each year a group of outstanding business leaders volunteer their time, energies and expertise to assist in selecting the Tekne Award finalists and recipients. Ranging from financial and legal professionals to entrepreneurs and past recipients, the unbiased selection committee gathers to thoroughly review and discuss each application.
- Science and technology companies and organizations doing business in Minnesota, as well as Non-Profit, Higher Education and government institutions are eligible to apply.
- The majority of the work for the product or services as well as the team dedicated to the project for which the application is being submitted, must be Minnesota-based.
- Companies/Organizations do not have to be a member of MHTA to apply.
- There is no cost to apply.
- Previous Tekne Award recipients are not eligible to apply with the same initiative for which they previously received an award.
- Previous applicants or finalists, not selected as the recipient, may submit a new application for the same initiative, as long as the organization can demonstrate growth and improvement of the initiative over the past year.